Best Acne Treatment to Get Rid of Acne and Have a Pimple-Free Skin[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]It is indeed a privilege to have blemish-free skin. However, let us look at an essential issue that all have to face at some stage in life: Acne.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition caused when the skin does not get to “breathe” freely. It is primarily due to clogged skin pores on account of dead cells or excess oil (sebum). Around 40 to 50 million people in the US suffer from Acne at any one time. Even though Acne is a common occurrence in teenagers, people from other age groups may also suffer from this. Usually, this problem is prevalent in oily skin types.
Unlike the traditional belief, Acne does not appear only on the face. It can also occur on the chest, shoulder, neck, back, buttocks, and upper arm. It is the most common skin problem faced by many Americans. 85% of people find the occurrence of Acne between the ages of 12 to 24 years.
Acne can be quite painful and unsightly. Skin blemishes are superficial and can be treated by medication. However, internal damage to the mind can prove a difficult task to cope up. Cheer up, as this is not the end of the world or life-threatening issue. With proper diet and skincare regime, you can again flaunt a radiant skin.
Another outcome can be dark spots and deep scars on the skin. These can be cured with timely action but may take a prolonged period to show full results.
|#1 Exposed Skin Care – Discover more|
|#2 Zenmed Acne Therapy for all Skin types – Discover more|
Read more about recommended products below.
What causes Acne?
Acne is a chronic skin inflammation that is caused due to the clogging of pores. The skin has follicles that connect the sebum secreting glands to the pores. The dead cells are carried through follicles to the surface of the skin and eventually discarded by the body.
However, excessive secretion of sebum can cause the dead cells to accumulate and stick inside the follicle and plug it. The surface bacteria also enter the pores and thrive in the oily environment. Under such circumstances, the pores get inflamed, and the acne cyst and nodule start appearing.
Another cause of Acne is the excess activity of hormones (androgens). Acne is a common occurrence during puberty or pregnancy when hormonal changes take place.
Types of Acne
There are 6 categories of Acne, depending upon the severity of the skin condition.
- Whiteheads: When the hair follicle gets clogged, it may bulge and result in a whitehead. These are comparatively smaller and lie beneath the surface of the skin.
- Blackheads: When the pores are heavily clogged, they expand, and dirt and dust get accumulated in them. It gives the pores a blackish look, and they are visible on the surface. In reality, it is not only the dirt but also the bacteria and oil congested in the pores that are exposed to the atmosphere and turn brown-black.
- Papules: These are small, pink bumps that appear on the surface. It is, as one can say, the primary stage of the onset of pimples. They are just minor swellings without any pus. Timely intervention can prevent cropping up of pimples.
- Pustules or pimples: Visible at the surface, this is an advanced stage of papules. Pimples are red at the base and have a domed top filled with pus. These can be quite painful. It is advisable never to prick the pimple and break it, as the pus may ooze out on the surface of the skin and spread infection.
- Nodules: If not attended in time, the pimples spread further and go deep inside the layer. Nodules are large, painful, and strong lumps that are visible on the surface of the skin.
- Cysts: These are prominent lumps on the skin’s surface and are very painful and filled with pus. Cysts may leave scars since they are deep-rooted.
Best Acne Treatment: Why do you need it?
Acne can be unsightly, and if not treated on time can spread further and make the condition worse. Thus, the minute you see the symptoms of Acne break out anywhere on the body, it is advisable to either start natural, home remedies to treat it, or if the outbreak is more, visit a dermatologist.
There are many over-the-counter products available for acne treatment in the form of creams, lotions, gels, and soaps. Acne creams help in arresting the spread of infection. They kill the bacteria responsible for causing inflammation. Some creams assist in removing excess oil and revitalizing the skin to produce new cells and discard dead ones.
Natural ingredients like honey, aloe vera, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, cucumber, and others help reduce swelling and redness. Many acts as an astringent to soothe and close the open pores and form a protective layer when applied.
To fight the acne problem, besides previously mentioned products, there are many other products also available in the market. Each may have unique blends for either all skin types or particular skin types. Therefore, before purchasing, it is wise to study the ingredients and suitability of your skin type to avoid further skin issues.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text css_animation=”bounceInUp”]
Exposed Skin Care
There are products by some reputed companies that help tackle the acne problem. Exposed Skin Care has developed an acne treatment kit that is a combination of science and natural ingredients. The elements in the cream are carefully chosen to give the best results.
- Salicylic acid helps in unclogging and shrinking the pores.
- Pro-vitamin B5 assists in regulating oil production
- Sage extract soothes irritation and prevents dryness.
- Azelaic acid arrests bacterial growth and prevents redness
- Green tea extract controls sebum production
- Passionflower lessens irritation and redness
- Tea tree oil acts as a disinfectant and treats blemishes
- Benzoyl Peroxide is responsible for killing bacteria
- Licorice root extract aid in brightening uneven skin and scars
A perfect combination of science and nature ensures that the acne problem is tackled at the root level, leaving behind clear, clean, glowing, and healthy skin. The basic 60-day kit includes Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne treatment serum, and Clear pore serum and Derm-X cloth for exfoliating dead skin.
The morning routine includes Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, and Acne treatment serum.
The evening routine is a cleanser, Clearing Tonic, and Clear pore serum.
Zenmed Acne Therapy for Combination Skin
This product has been advertised as made from certified organic ingredients that are safe to use. The Zenmed Acne therapy is a 4 stage treatment that includes Facial cleansing gel, AHA/BHA Complex (toning lotion), Sebum regulating moisturizer, and Derma Cleanse Acne Gel.
- Facial cleansing gel: This is to be used twice daily. Apply it on damp skin on the face and neck and massage it in a circular motion. Later rinse it off with warm water. Keep away from the eyes.
- AHA /BHA Complex: This toning lotion should be applied after cleansing the skin. Pat the skin dry. Take the product on a cotton pad and gently dab it on the face and neck. Avoid contact with lips, nostrils, eyes, and earlobes. This, too, should be used twice daily. However, care should be taken to avoid application on irritated or broken skin.
- Derma Cleanse Acne Gel: Cleanse the skin before application. Use it only once per day at bedtime and apply a thin coat on affected areas. If you experience dryness or peeling, restrict the use to an alternate day.
- -free day lotion: This can be worn under makeup too. Apply it uniformly on neck and face after cleansing. However, the company recommends the use of a sunscreen lotion along with this. It is a light moisturizer that helps balance the natural oils without adding any greasiness or clogging the pores.
There are various natural ingredients like Sage, Chamomile, Balm mint, Rosemary, Wild Thyme, aloe vera gel, and other organic-based oils and extracts.